View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 02:10 PM

I've gone through this as well...it started when either my ears got tired of the Elixirs I had been using ever since they came out, or something is seriously amiss with their QC (I suppose it could also be counterfeits making their way into the supply chain). Tried a great many different strings and finally settled on the John Pearse PBs; I like the 570C lighter-than-lights (11-52) on my Larrivee L-10 and the 600L on guitars that I tend to use for open tunings.

One thing, though...I recently re-discovered Martin Marquis, which I used to play with back in the 80s...I don't even remember why I quit using them, but I just tried a set on my L-03 and just WOW. Best sounding strings I've ever put on that particular guitar. It will now be a matter of seeing how they last; if they're anything like the Pearse strings, which last better than any other non-coated strings I've tried, I may have to try them on some of my other guitars, although I'm pretty sure I'm sticking with the 570C for the L-10.

And so it goes...I now have a huge inventory of new sets of strings, a whole drawer full of them...I won't run out any time soon if there's a zombie apocolypse.
Taylor 412K ('96)
Yamaha LL16-12 (SOLD)
PRS 'Studio' (SOLD)
Rickenbacker 660-12 (SOLD)
Fender USA Deluxe Strat
Fender USA Roadhouse Strat
Fender MIM/USA Partscaster
Fender MIM Nashville Tele
Kelsey Custom Hardtail Strat
Fender MIM P-Bass