View Single Post
Old 02-28-2020, 06:46 PM

One of the best for the money is the Countryman Isomax headset. It is directional, very resistant to feedback and has excellent vocal clarity. It is also more rigid and a bit more obvious because of the color, but I like it better than all my other headsets. I also have a Countryman H6 which is really nice but even though directional it still has feedback issues.
I think the Shure headset mics are also excellent. I can't tell the difference between my Shure mic and an SM58 in terms of vocal quality. The Isomax is just lighter and I prefer its tone.
The DPA you are looking at is probably one of the best headset mics around. It is very pricey though, but it will not disappoint you.
Using one requires a different technique and you will need to practice with it. There is a great amount of freedom in ridding yourself of mic stands and booms.
There is also a bit of intimacy with the audience that is an added factor. You will have to work with the eq some and be aware of monitors and mains being out of the feedback range. Well worth it if you can get it to work for you.
Good luck!