View Single Post
Old 12-30-2018, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinco View Post
What exactly is "unqualified Emerald love" ? Seems like a pretty sharp stick in the eye of us Emerald owners.
The majority of all threads in this section are positive Emerald stories by a wide margin. That the AGF is home to many perfectionists is not news. That guitar failed QC at so many different cosmetic stages in its final assembly it is not one individual's error getting past final inspection. For those who do demand the details are done right all these posts showing veneers and tone much better than a Martin HD-28 might not be the whole story. The OP brings some detail to the reviews which you can can dismiss, take personally (hard to understand if that was not YOUR guitar), or consider before you order. It might be useful for others with Emeralds to post photos of the veneer work around the fret board extension and bridge for comparison and to set reasonable expectations.

When Ted at LA Guitar Sales stocks a special order it may not be exactly your choosing but you have a 3 day evaluation period and money back. Emerald states that custom orders are not money back. Once you've chosen that custom veneer you are stuck. Given my hang ups on detail, that would not work for me.

I knew that original post was edgy... Certainly I can be accused of being a brand defender too.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields

Last edited by jonfields45; 12-30-2018 at 03:19 PM.