View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Ford View Post
Doug,

Thanks for taking your time to do the math on this one. I can't really hear enough of the first one to make any valid comparisons.

Joe, nice playing and I like the tune, but why are you recording at such a low level? And yes there's some "surround" stuff going on which you may like, but it would be nice to hear a more direct sound.

It reminds me of people who get fascinated by the "stairwell effect." Similar to recording in the bathroom, stairwell recording is recording in a stairwell because of all of the hard parallel surfaces. This is usually considered a "beginners fascination" and over time, most look back and say, "what was I thinking?" We all have done it. It's part of experimenting with sound.

Regards,

Ty Ford
Thanks alot.

I don't really have a fascination with the while effect, I was trying to mimic tue original lol. I like the other a bit better....the last one I posted anyway.

As far as record levels, if I goes any higher I get a bunch of white noise. I was told that Ishould set my levels to just where noise starts to come in. I will put something up with raw rrecording with higher levels later today. Im in a dentist chair right now lol. This pst is keeping me sane