View Single Post
Old 06-03-2019, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGWelch View Post

Anyway, I would suggest you look on Amazon for some inexpensive light stands, some "daylight" white balance bulbs and holders, and translucent white shoot through umbrellas (24"-36" size should be fine). All this shouldn't cost you much more than $50 for the whole setup for a pair of these. You can set them to either side of your video camera, which I assume you have a tripod for, and you'll be all set to film yourself in just about any light condition except full daylight backlighting. In otherwords, don't sit yourself with your back to an unshaded window, and you should be ready to rock.

This is very helpful! I actually have some of these inexpensive light holders that I tucked away ages ago as I was daunted about where to place them! Anyway, inspired by the thread I just did a quick test and hey presto your advice is spot on. Funnily enough though the bulb just blew in one of the lights! so, it was a 135W 5500K 220V/50hz Tri Phosphor Ra>92. Most of those number mean little to me but just wondering if you'd advise a like for like replacement? they do seem pretty bright but I guess that's what you want when you say 'daylight'

Thanks and sorry if I'm hijacking the thread!!