View Single Post
Old 09-06-2018, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanmeister View Post
I have one of these and find them a great delight. The added sustain is something else. I take the view that this is a tenor uke with four extra strings that I can tune anyway I want. Until there's a need for a bass note, I leave it alone, (same as for my X7 Synergy Harp Guitar.) However, when you do use it, it so enhances what you can add to your playing. They're not only beautiful, they're beautifully made and, being carbon fibre, don't suffer from the problems of heat, humidity and so on. As always, a personal choice, but I love mine.
I am dithering between X20, X7 and I guess after seeing Martin do what Martin does so well a uke Synergy. You have two, so which harp guitar/uke would you recommend of the two you have if you could only have one and why? Also I assume the G on the uke is low. For me I play mostly guitar (X20) and have several ukes around the house with the Pono bari-uke getting the most play. I also play a lot of other (mostly non-string) instruments and am looking for something that will be fun to learn how to play for a long time.

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?