View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmonter View Post
I don't know., I cant get excited about this amp
from any of the vids I have seen/heard. Other
then the one put out by Mesa ( with the one scene with the girl singing thru it)
They all sound like a toned down reso guitar. Guess I will have to wait til one
Shows up locally to make a fair assessment. Perhaps with some compression
this could become passable. Maybe I am too fussy��. In each case I hear a fair sound when soft picking or finger style . But then strummed I hear all
this noise .? Like a toned down reso. It is not the guitarist .. the playing is great in most cases. Its the tone of this
thing..
This is my criticism of almost every demo I hear for acoustic guitar amps that are meant for live play. I've never heard a good demo of an amp here where someone is getting a full 3 dimensional sound out of an acoustic guitar amp when strumming. And Maury's music demo (where the playing is fine), points out how compressed the sound of the Rossette really is. Next to the Schertler Jam 400, to me, it sounds like a toy. And next to a good small PA cab and mixer it's limitations become painfully obvious. I was one of he first ones to test the Rosette extensively and I shot it out directly against everything they had it the store, and my Jam 200 and 400. And my opinion still hasn't changed, it's limited in what it can do and for the money, especially with the upped price, it's no contest, their are much better options for a grab and go system.

For example, one PRX710 (a very highly rated JBL powered speaker), and a Bose T1 mixer can be bought for $824 shipped to your door (see links which I have no affiliation with). That gives you about $500 watts (Actual RMS ratings as opposed to what JBL states in their promotional material), and a 4 channel mixer that is phenomenal in all regards, with true 48 volt phantom, killer EQ, and more FX than you'll need. And for $400 more you can expand it with another matching cab. Another thing is the JBL cabinet weighs in at 30 lbs with a very easy to carry design with the handle on top of the JBL, and pole mount on the bottom. Another plus is that the T1 mixer fits right into the small little cutout in the top of the JBL speaker! So in my opinion the JBL/Bose rig slays the Mesa in every regard, as in power, flexibility, and coverage. I used this actual rig last night at a show and I was amazed at the volume that the little JBL throws out along with a low end that destroys the Mesa.

Now let me be clear, for the fingerstylist who just wants a decent clean sound for fingerpicking or light strumming to fill a very small venue or is just a bedroom/house player the Rossette would be just fine, but's that's a lot of money that can be better spent for the player looking to actually gig with something!!!

http://www.proaudiostar.com/jbl-prx7...SABEgIi0_D_BwE

https://www.google.com/search?q=Bose...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Last edited by rockabilly69; 11-28-2017 at 12:02 PM.