View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzyguy View Post
great pedalboard, i like your Marshall amp, does it work or sound better then the Fishman or fender amps?
im still looking for an acoustic amp!!
I like the Marshall amp except for the reverb, quite frankly it sucks. The Fender SFX amp I have has the most beautiful reverb I ever heard in an amp. HUGE difference. The Fender SFX is a fantastic amp, a bit pricey but worth every nickel. It's great for home use and playing out. I tried in a gymnasium once and it filled the room with sound at not even half volume. So it has plenty enough of power for me. I don't think the Marshall would work as well in the same gymnasium.

I let one of my buddies play thru the Fender while I walked around the gymnasium, and checked it out, I was very impressed with the tone and volume of the Fender. It sounded great thru out the room. Very professional. That was the biggest room I play out now days, so it's adequate for my needs. The Marshall would be okay for home use or a coffee shop type gig. It has a nice tone, but like I said the on board reverb sucks and if you want reverb, you'd need a reverb pedal or rack unit to go along with it. The good thing about the Marshall is you can pick them up used for $200-250. The Fender SFX sells for $899 new.
Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Ibanez Acoustic Bass 12 M1
Martin 12 string X Series
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

Formerly known as Martin Maniac.....

M

Last edited by Yamaha Man; 01-08-2017 at 06:30 AM.