View Single Post
Old 01-06-2021, 10:36 PM

Well, I spent the day and evening working with the Fender Mustang GTX 100 amp, and I must say that it's a very nice addition to my studio. Fender got it right. Nice tones, nice presets, very nice software, lots and lots of amps and effects that all sound great. As far as modeling amplifiers go, this has got to be one of the best, and easiest to use systems available that I've worked with. Years ago when they first came out there were lots of problems with them, but they have been all addressed and fixed. Every aspect of the GTX has been refined to work flawlessly with the user. There is a slight learning curve but it's a breeze to figure out and very intuitive. I'm running the Tone software on an IPad which is very easy for me to read, and hasn't had one glitch. Everything works as designed. The sounds are mostly very good, and accurate to what they are supposed to be. I'm very happy with the quality of the sounds of the presets, and they offer a wide selection of usable tones. I'm finding this amp to be very inspiring to create new song ideas very easily. The smooth workflow just adds to the joy of creating new music. All in all, I'd have to say this was a very good purchase and will be for a long long time.
Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Ibanez Acoustic Bass 12 M1
Martin 12 string X Series
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

Formerly known as Martin Maniac.....

M