View Single Post
Old 12-24-2020, 08:46 PM

Thank you everyone for the warm words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
I think the guy on the right is the better player.
Hah! I found myself criticizing the playing by certain of the three characters, had to remind myself they were all me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
The golf tee worked really well to hold the ball end in place, and there were some laying about anyway. But with a heavier medium gauge low E string (56) the flared tee binds once the string was brought up to tension and had to be gently pulled with pliers.
Thank you for your compliments Earl! Does the pin method push the ball end all the way forward in the slot, toward the headstock? If not, it could be seating closer to the hole and not be as sturdily anchored. Hard to know without a camera looking inside -- I have one of those long bendy cameras, I should give it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danz567 View Post
Having spent 20 years as a production editor at a tv station and worked with both Avid and Final Cut, I can appreciate how much work you put into this video. Good job!
Thank you! I'm a Final Cut amateur so I learned a LOT doing this vid, beginning with how to set all my camera exposure settings manually to how to tweak the final white balance/color (which gave me an unending headache!). In the end, I did this whole project just for fun, and the exploration into masks, overlays, and all the powerful subtleties of timing really made the project a blast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2guitar_eh View Post
BTW, the length of the video was completely lost on me....I was so engrossed I found myself surprised when it came to an end
This warms my heart! 30 minutes is gargantuan for a guitar review and I was worried people would find it tiresome. Hopefully others feel the same as you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esimms86 View Post
1)toughness: you hit it right regarding CF resistance to humidity changes but it appears that you substituted “toughness” in place of temperature resistance
2)there are qualities of Emerald guitars that are not necessarily generalizable to all CF guitar manufacturers
a)wood veneer as an available option
b)ergonomic molding as an essential part of the companyÂ’s design philosophy
c)exclusion of top bracing as an intentional part of the design
These are great points! It's funny how brain-blind you can get when you're deep in a project sometimes -- thank you for sharing these. I had an extra bit about how you could shovel the front driveway with the guitar if it snowed too hard, but it didn't make the editing cut.

Last edited by byudzai; 12-24-2020 at 09:35 PM.