View Single Post
Old 12-24-2020, 06:49 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by esimms86 View Post
Eventually, Emerald will have to do a video or two showcasing their new bridge saddles from a sound standpoint.
My observation (so far) is that the adjustable saddle bridge is intended to be for the X10, which makes sense, as it's primarily designed to be played plugged in, and could thus benefit from more electric-like setup options. It also works nicely for the hexaphonic pickup option.

Tradition suggests that individually adjustable saddles don't do a lot for pure acoustic performance, so it will indeed be interesting to see if this construct migrates to other models.

I'm not sure how much use a video would be to convey any differences, advantages or otherwise. I've never seen an X20 video, for example, which conveys anything remotely like what I hear as a player - even Alex's otherwise superb effort under discussion here.

And, in all fairness, that's not what he set out to do, so please don't interpret it as an overt criticism. After a while, pretty much any guitar sounds the same as any other (or how you want it to sound) on a YouTube video.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo

Last edited by David Eastwood; 12-25-2020 at 10:47 AM.