View Single Post
Old 12-24-2020, 05:59 PM

Alex, kudos to you once again for an amazingly thorough review. Also, top notch video and sound editing. And I can’t believe that you went to the trouble of overdubbing sound samples with changes made to the mic position. Seriously, you went over and above the call of duty in putting together your “amateur” review(ha! Guitar magazines should be so amateurish in the production of their YouTube reviews and demos).

In the interest of offering a constructive critique, have just a few nits to pick and, trust me, they are minor nits.

1)toughness: you hit it right regarding CF resistance to humidity changes but it appears that you substituted “toughness” in place of temperature resistance
2)there are qualities of Emerald guitars that are not necessarily generalizable to all CF guitar manufacturers
a)wood veneer as an available option
b)ergonomic molding as an essential part of the company’s design philosophy
c)exclusion of top bracing as an intentional part of the design

Beyond that, Emerald offers a significant variety in the color palette options for tinting their natural carbon fiber surfaces.

Aside from that, it will be interesting to see what customization options Emerald ultimately offers when taking orders in the future, using the new X20 as a starting platform. Eventually, Emerald will have to do a video or two showcasing their new bridge saddles from a sound standpoint. I also expect fan frets and Krivo (and other) pickups included on custom orders down the road.