View Single Post
Old 12-17-2020, 01:59 AM

I get it, You Tube is far from a perfect means of testing audio quality for microphones, however, at this time I don't have either mic available for any other means of testing. So I rely on You Tube to give me a general idea of what to expect. Sure there should be some difference between the mics, as one is priced at $3800 vrs $300 for the other. That's a huge difference in price. I found no such difference in audio quality between the two mics, to justify spending the extra $3500.....there may be some subtle differences, but I sure didn't hear them.

Anyhow, the MK4 is scheduled for delivery today, and I'm excited to put it thru my own tests with my own system. I won't be running sine waves thru it to get exact readings, but I'll be listening to audio quality with various guitars and vocals. From what I've read, there should be a significant difference between the MK4 and the AKG C214's I recently sold off. The MK4 should be a nice upgrade for me.

Just the fact that somebody is doing a shootout between the MK4 and the U87ia speaks volumes for the MK4.
Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Ibanez Acoustic Bass 12 M1
Martin 12 string X Series
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

Formerly known as Martin Maniac.....

M