View Single Post
Old 11-15-2020, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Yes I admit I have pondered what seems like could be a great wintertime project of building an amp.
For me It would be an Amp Head and somewhere in the 5 - 20 watt range

I do know how to solder (a bit) and have soldered a couple times on the circuit board of my Monster 3500 power conditioner but am not what would be considered "experienced" by any means.

So I would be looking for a well designed , simple, straightforward all inclusive kit. I don't feel comfortable trying to spec my own components ......
And I am only interested in very good high quality components price is not so much a factor as quality and ease ( with the caveat that , up to the point where it might be only a little more money for an assembled one )

I currently have a Supro Titan 50 watt and REVV D20 20 watt, so I would be interested in a different contrasting flavor but not sure if it would be more like a Marshal or a Fender Blackface or Tweed flavor,,,,, or other ?
I think Supro falls into the American sound category. Fender, Ampeg kind of thing. So My suggestion? Go for a British sound. The 18 Watt Marshall I am going to build might just be up your alley.