View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hempomatic View Post
I have a 5iMCE, not sure what the new designation is, but it's basically a full size cargo, with integrated bracing and offset soundhole. I bought it originally because it was comfortable, and I didn't want to worry about my wood guitar on vacation or in the car. Honestly, sound was secondary to durability. It has become my go to guitar. I love the sound, tonal balance, sustain, it does everything well and is VERY comfortable to play for hours. Also, my 57 year old mechanic's hands have taken a beating over the years, and getting to sound I love out of a guitar with light gauge strings is a HUGE plus for me.

There are several new designs using carbon fiber, and even a forum dedicated to them at http://carbonguitar.com/

I still love wood guitars, and I've been lusting after a couple of Lowdens for a while, but I could easily live with my CA as my only instrument.

ken
I've got a 5iMCE also (now known as the GXi) and must echo your sentiments. I still love my wood guitars but for a no hassle guitar with a big sound and lots of sustain its a terrific instrument and my "go to" DADGAD guitar.

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24