View Single Post
Old 05-29-2020, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marley View Post
Thank you! That stuff looks great. The only problem is, that green is so far off from what I'm going after. BUT, I'm not even sure exactly what I'm going after. just google, Fender Surf Green and see how many different shades of there are. Even the mix they have patented does not look like what the guitars looks like. They say the Fender Surf Green was modeled after the 1956 Buick Special but even the colors of those cars don't look anything like the Fender guitars.

I just went out for lunch and bought 4 different shades of green paint. I now have about 9 different greens, all in this slim shading of green, as well as dozens of pics of "surf green" guitars and a ton of green color samples from the paint shop. Nothing comes close to the surf green guitars I'm seeing and I have to max a mix that looks close. One of the tints I bought at lunch looks good. I have not opened the canister yet but we'll see. It's a brand and can I had never seen before. Thanks!
well my friend, if there's not much of a standard for that green, then it seems to me that it's whatever you say it is!