View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Young View Post
Lots of people have a clue, but for every question, you can get at least 10 conflicting answers to almost everything :-) Good for educating yourself on the issues, but after a while it probably is better to go fish for yourself, even if only to generate better questions.
I don't know, Doug. I think you're statement holds more truth than you know. In this string alone (and many others I've read) the wash of conflict is so strong that the original poster is not really being served.

Someone asks a question and mostly the same 5-6 guys toss in their often conflicting remarks. The result is a technical tower of Babel. If we're playing nice and not trying to openly challenge each other, we have a line in the comment about subjectivity that serves no one. Several pages later the din quiets until the next poster rings the bell and we're off again, usually on the same ride with no consensus. Not Helpful!

Perhaps that's the best "democracy" can offer; another version of life in a small town in the wild west where there are no laws and no sheriff?

Can we improve on that?

Regards,

Ty Ford