View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwphoto View Post
Bingo! Wondering the same thing myself.

From an earlier reply I wrote:

> I'm trying to add reverb & chorus to my guitar chain. The Shen has reverb but I intend to use that for the vocal channel only as those settings will probably be different from what I want for guitar. I know there's an effects loop but just thought it might be a "cleaner" setup having whatever pedals/boxes at my feet with one cable running to the amp.

Thoughts?<

Frank
With that amp, if you want to run different effects on the guitar and the vocal channels, you will have to put the effects for one or both ahead of the amp. You can use the reverb on your mic channel for vocals and turn down the effects level knob on your guitar channel. Then you can run whatever effects you like for the guitar before the amp (either just using pedals, using pedals in the effects loop of a preamp like the Platinum Pro--this is what I do with my PZ-PRe--or using a multi-effects unit of one kind or another).

As BluesKing777 suggests, another way to do this is to ignore the effects on the Shen and use one of those vocal/guitar pedal units like the TC Helicon Play Acoustic or similar.

Louis