View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveh View Post
Hey Dan - I'll be loooking forward to this +++.

I'm delighted the guitar has gone to someone who I know will extract the most from it. It's a superb instrument, truly, and not one that I parted with easily at all. However, things move on and after playing some nylon pieces for a couple of hours this AM, I know that this is the right move for both of us.

Can't wait to hear the OM against the new MD if you'll let me.

Cheers,
Steve
Hi Steve,

Thanks for your kind words.

It is indeed superb and I can see why it was so hard to part with! I'm glad that you feel you made the right choice - difficult though it may have been - and that your new nylon-string is hitting all the right notes!

I'll certainly give you a shout when the MD has landed. It'll probably be mid-June or later before I'm around to meet up, but I'm looking forward to getting it and the OM into your hands. That'd be the least I can do, given all your most-generous Kostal-related assistance and input over the years, which not only helped shaped my MD's spec but will ended up with me having not one but two of the lovely things!

On the flip side, it's starting to feel like there's a lot of pressure on me to put them to good use! I'll do what I can ... If only I had more time ... !
Kostal MDC German/claro and OM Euro/Madrose
Larrivee L-05MT
Lowden O35cx cedar/EIR, New Lady, Baritone, O12 and O12-12
McIlroy A25c custom Cedar/Kew black walnut
Montgomery fan fret parlour Euro/ebony
Sands Baritone Swiss/Ovangkol (another due 2022)
Wingert Model E German/Braz
Yairi 1960s Soloists