View Single Post
Old 04-21-2018, 09:29 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbroady View Post
Any pro tools experts out there

Prior to my Calkwalk usage I had started a demo on pro tools (in a studio)
I had picked up the pro tools LE with mbox micro so I can listen at home.

There are several midi tracks in some of the pro tools files that I would like to retrieve but window 8, which I currently use, is not compatible with the pro tools LE/mbox version I have in my avid account.

Any suggestions on how to access these midi files. Can’t seem to find them in the file folders. I do see the audio

Thanks
In Pro Tools, the audio is stored in separate .wav or .aiff files and the edits, plugin inserts (and settings), fades and MIDI data are stored in the "session file". Here's a few ideas:

1) Getting the session file to open to get access to the MIDI data. This can be done on any PC of Mac running almost any version of Pro Tools equal or greater than the version the session file was created in, i.e., .pts for PT versions 5 and 6, .ptf for PT versions 7 through 9 and .ptx for PT versions 10 and above.

2) Once there you can export the MIDI data using the Export => MIDI menu command. You'll have to research further as to the format of that export and whether you can import the MIDI data into Calkwalk.

3) PT session files are not very large. You can simply e-mail them to someone who has a running PT setup and have them open the session files, export the MIDI data, name the export files appropriately and e-mail the export files back to you.

Last edited by sdelsolray; 04-21-2018 at 09:39 AM.