View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 10:06 AM

I take it you have no interest in recording or using your computer for this. Am I right? I'm also taking as a given your desire to keep this under $100.

A used modeling amp should be cheap. Frankly any of them would likely work, as would the stand alone modeling units like the Line6 Pod. Personally I liked the original Line6 POD and the Fender Mustang I. Either should be under $100 used, and the Mustang I can be bought new for about that with the current coupon at Musician's Friend if you buy it over the phone.

I've not been happy with any of the small battery powered amps or amp plugs, but maybe I've never tried the right one. Lots of folks like the Blackstar Fly, I have one but haven't bonded with mine. I like a clean Fenderey sound most of the time, and the Fly doesn't give that to me. I've not played the Boss Katana Mini, but lot of folks like the bigger amps in the series.

Guitars: 20th Century Seagull S6-12, S6 Folk, Seagull M6; '00 Guild JF30-12, '01 Martin 00-15, '16 Martin 000-17, '07 Parkwood PW510, Epiphone Biscuit resonator, Merlin Dulcimer, and various electric guitars, basses....