View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkingston View Post
Nice update. Yeah I like mine.

Here's my update after a few weeks of use.

I turn the mic all the way up and the magnetic pickup up to about half. The mic is softer than the pickup and I find that to be a nice blend. If I need more volume I just give it more magnetic pickup.

I find the sound to be very natural and pleasing with a decent amount of sensitivity to body tapping but not too bad with finger squeaks and clothing rustling. I don't like it needs much eq and I'm happy with the sound without adding my sual body resonance effect.

I highly recommend hooking it to an LR Baggs endpin cable so that you have a wired option.

Also, be aware that what looks like a power switch on top is just a standby switch for the wireless transmitter. There is no switching going on in the endpin audio jack. You have to reach in and switch the power on and off deep in the sound hole.
Thanks for the additional information.

I thought about putting the end pin cable in as well, but I want to use this primarily in my concert sized Morgan. That guitar has no strap pins at all, and I want to keep it like that. I will do that in my other guitars, though.

The quirky bit with the power switches will take some getting used to....🤔

Ian
Washburn Mandolin
Kit-made Octave Mandolin
Martin HD-28