View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 04:09 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kinnaird View Post
Thanks brother. Quick descriptions: the rosewood had the most consistency to its sound. There was the "cathedral effect" going on everywhere, first position, way up the neck, etc. But at the same time, a bit of reserve.
The mahogany was warmer to me, also more fundamental, but not as full up the neck.
The maple was on fire everywhere. More singing trebles, perhaps a bit of edge in the bass, the loudest of the three.

My favorite? I liked them all. The mahogany was the surprise to me, in that it did so well, and hung in there with the others. I'm sure it would please the recording studio personnel the best. The rosewood was predictably rich. It said to me, "Yeah...this is the sound to beat". But the maple--I think that was my favorite. Perhaps not just me either--it's already sold and gone!
Hope these musings make sense,

SK
That’s interesting and a little unexpected. I would have thought the rosewood or mahogany would have been loudest. Why do you think it turned out this way? It’s hard to control top variables even when all materials are the same. I’m assuming the bridges were the same wood.