View Single Post
Old 11-04-2019, 05:45 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
Lots of love for Taks in this thread. I have tried the EF341 several times and while it does sound pretty good compared to most piezo equipped guitars, the Taks always sound very bright and tinny to me and I can't get past that. I want a live sound that is deep, lush and full sounding. Not bright and brittle sounding.

Still searching...
* You got the wrong Tak model bro, the EF341 is bright. I've played many and the gloss spruce/lam nato is too thin in a Tak build. The EF341SC is gloss cedar over lam maple, also somewhat thin. Move up to a P3DC in satin solid cedar over solid sapeale, throw on some Martin SP PB's and you'll get full, deep, lush, warm and fat sounding with excellent sustain both unplugged and amplified. Add the Cooltube preamp and you have all the previous adjectives on steroids. You can't judge "Taks" with the word, "always", by your experience with the single model of either the 341 versions. Taks have their great models and their not so great models like every other maker.

** After performing many years with a variety of guitars including a killer Lowden I owned, few have been plug n play ready with a consistent fat tone both unplugged and amplified like many models, (not all models), in the Tak Pro, Natural, Nashville and Santa Fe Series... Martin Retro models equipped with F1AP in 18 style models sound excellent as well as some of the upper Maton & Cole Clark models. If Maton used a split saddle and pinless bridge, I'd have one of them too.... demo a P3DC Jack, you'll be pleasantly surprised. I've turned several players on to this model and all have thoroughly enjoyed it's tone both unplugged and amplified.

Last edited by noledog; 11-04-2019 at 06:05 PM.