View Single Post
Old 12-27-2020, 09:11 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesson11 View Post
Nice guitar! A tuning tip: Be sure to pull the string end as tight as you can before rolling up the tuning rollers. The entire string needs to stretch to become stable, so the less string that's wound around the roller, the faster they will settle in.

I have no proof, but I have read that stretching the string at one point in the method mentioned above may affect intonation. I've also read that it's better to put your finger under the string at the bridge, give it a bit of a tug then run your finger up the fingerboard, gently stretching the entire length of the string along the way. Again, I have no actual proof that either of these statements are absolutely correct. So FWIW.
I have no proof either, but this is the method I use as well, and it has proven to be the most effective.

JP: That is a very fine looking classical guitar. And it looks brand new. Not bad for a 15 year old guitar! I think you scored well.

Golf is pretty simple. It's just not that easy.
- Paul Azinger

"It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so."
– Mark Twain

http://www.youtube.com/user/Gitfiddlemann