View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cue Zephyr View Post
Not exactly sure what you mean with entropy... but, I have some clean bits, and other bits are dreadful.

Timing is indeed one of my obstacles. I do feel the rhythm and the beat, but I have slight trouble with getting the movements in time. I got both the original and metronome to practice along, perhaps I should have done this a bit more, there are one or two parts in this piece that for some reason excite me, and then cause me to speed up.
What I meant by "entropy" is that the further along you get into the piece, the harder it seems to get for you. It just seems like you get nervous when you start having difficulty but I'm sure that you're expecting that and are trying to work through it.

Don't worry, I feel the same way. I have a video on youtube where I'm playing this song and sure enough it gets tougher as I go on. I "tripped" a few times in the tapping part but what really screwed me up was when one of my kids' motion-sensitive toys started making noise! It was the dead of night and everybody was asleep and that d@mned toy started blaring "Bob the Builder" and I nearly panicked that it would wake everybody up. Boy, did my tempo really pick up! I didn't even get to finish the song.