View Single Post
Old 12-22-2018, 07:50 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knives&Guitars View Post
Once again I must express my sincere gratitude for all of your detailed explanations you have offered. String Gauge verses scale length, top deflection, bracing is now becoming much clearer.
Had fun tooling around your website last night. Read your explanation on the double top. Sounds like an acoustic dream.
*I would assume that specific Spruce Top species makes less of a difference in double tops? Or does the species of Spruce in Double tops still make a big enough tonal difference?
The one thing that I could not find on your website was an explanation of the construction of Hollow backs.
IME, The outer top species used in a double top has more contribution to the tone of the guitar than does the inner top, which sounds counter-intuitive. We have built all sorts of weird combinations of double tops with different wood species used on the inner top than what is used on the outer top and it seems whatever wood species the bridge is glued will sound more like that wood [in general] than the inner top.

You won't find any construction information of our "Hollow Backs" on our website and that is be design A guy has to keep a few secrets, ya know. As far as my patent research has shown it is a totally unique design that has never been used before. At the time I came up with it, I couldn't afford to patent my idea nor could I afford to defend the patent so we never pursued it. Looking back I probably should have found a way to patent the idea but hind sight is always 20/20.