Thread: Carvin electric
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2021, 12:48 PM

Thumbs up

Well it's been an on/off thing for me now and I finally bought that Carvin. Luckily it was still avail. and even dropped in price $75 as it had been for sale for 2 months. I felt lucky to have been able to grab it!

She's a beauty for sure and flawless save for a wee bit of "scratching" on a pot. b/c the owner has a number of instruments and not given this guy much attention for some time. He was totally up-front about it, even before I drove down to look it over. Then demo'd it to show me. Not a biggie as I've found out.

Again, I'd like to express a LOT of appreciation for you guys all chipping in with some much needed advice!! Wish I could shake some hands!!!

And on the amp, which I was totally in the dark about... Many thanks to Steve DeRosa as that Bugera now resides in my living room and it's more than I ever expected. In fact the fellow who sold me the Carvin had it as his main amp all set up so I heard it first hand!

Lastly, Paleolith54, if my posted reply came across as a tad snarky (I just re-read all posts) please accept my apology. I was really conflicted and a good bit stressed out about this whole journey. I'd failed once before and then again some time later and I was quite in a knot about trying to learn again! I'm sorry... I'm really a gem of a boy ---

Now I'm into some on-line bluesy learning as well as in line for some 1 on 1 with a local teacher. The rest is one me...and I'm really content!

Jeremy.