View Single Post
Old 04-25-2020, 10:33 AM

I am fortunate to have a stable that punches well above my weight class.

Within that, I have two Froggy Bottoms, three Circas (one of which I will ultimately sell), a Tippin and a Blazer & Henkes. I am a pathetically loyal sap. Once I find something I like, I do like going back to the well, ideally with different flavors. In general, a given luthier has a tonal DNA that I either gravitate towards or not. Within that, there is a spectrum of variability that is driven by the body size, wood combos, and other factors.

In regards to the Frogs, they are each different sizes - but same wood combos.

With the Circas, they are all OMs, all adi topped. Two of them are Braz, and one of them is Maple. The Maple would be the guitar that I would rescue if there was a fire and I could only take one. The two Braz, though they have the same wood combos, are voiced so differently. One is insanely dry, the other really has more of the traditional rosewood chime. I love them all.

When I commissioned my Maple Circa, the entire process was such a positive experience that I could see myself with another Circa but in a different wood combo or size. The ultimate compliment we can provide an artist is repeat support.