View Single Post
Old 10-20-2016, 01:05 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Maniac View Post
I received my Sennheiser HD 650's today. Yep they are like new in an opened box, looks like somebody tried them out one time and returned them. Or kicked around the store for a short while. They look like new and sound great. I think they are excellent reference headphones as the magnify they known problems in my mixes. They certainly tell the truth. I tried them out on some mixes from Peter Gabriel's Studio and the mixes sounded perfect. Some of my mixes sounded really bad thru these. These are definitely my new favorite reference headphones, and all my future mixes will have pass the test with these.

I'm running them out of the Focusrite 18i8's headphone output and I'm getting just enough volume for me, when everything is cranked up. A separate headphone amp may be needed, I don't know yet. Many people recommend it.

They are opened back headphones which means there will be some bleed, but it's not much. As far as comfort goes... They are very comfortable, much nicer than all my other headphones.

So bottom line is I'm very pleased with them.
While IMO they are excellent for mixing I would not recommend them for tracking. The bleed will be very noticeable (particularly with better mics) if used for tracking and IMO the accuracy that they afford for mixing decisions is not as necessary for tracking

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Ventura 12.2.1