View Single Post
Old 01-24-2022, 08:20 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default Suggest a topic for Youtube video playlist: "Vintage Parlor Guitar Repair Tips"

Greetings and Happy New Year to all,

We're working on a new Youtube channel designed to share tips, tools and methods that I use in the repair and rebuilding of old parlor guitars. The focus will be to help players, tinkerers and hobbyists understand more about their old guitar and discover just how much they can be a part of the guitar's repair, upkeep and care with a little help along the way. (...and by the way, most of the repair tips we might cover will apply to old acoustic guitars regardless of body size so don't worry if you're not into old parlor guitars.)

So far the channel will revolve around four distinct topics or playlists, but the one I'd like your input on is the playlist that will focus on REPAIR TIPS. I've been jotting down ideas for the awhile now and the list is growing. I've got content ranging from how to make a pyramid bridge to how magnets are useful in the repair of old guitars to what to watch out for when scouting for your first "barn find" and a bunch more. But I'll never think of the topics you might like covered so that's where you come in.

Let me know what you'd like to see covered in a video on old parlor guitar repair. Suggest a title for the video and a few words on what you think would be important to cover. To put it another way, if one goal of the channel is to help the average Joe learn more about fixing old guitars then tell me, Joe, what would you like to know?

I can't promise that I'll use every suggestion but I can promise that the channel will help the average person breakdown some of the obstacles that might be preventing them from getting started on their first project or maybe finishing one that’s stuck in first gear. The topics will be interesting, enjoyable and no-nonsense and the content will be heavy on substance and light on fluff.

Let me know what you think and thanks in advance for your contributions and insights.