View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 12:31 AM

So, it's time for an update.

I've tried the last few days to continue playing through this.

I've averaged playing around 30-40 minutes a night.

Besides that I've tried to keep my elbow straight at night and I've done a lot of stretching and done the gliding excercises daily. I play mostly standing and have really reduced my playing time.

I've noticed though that the pain has slightly increased, especially in the morning when first awakening. It hasn't increased a lot but I sence that it's slowly getting worse day by day.

It's worst in the morning.... stiffness and pain. It gets better though once I'm up and moving.

The thing that's confusing is that I don't really feel any pain when I play guitar.

The only good news;...

1. I still don't experience any numbness or tingling in my hand.

2. The Nerve conduction test showed that my arm was normal. No compression or damage found.

But I've had two things that inditcate that it's not getting any better.

1. I had to help carry a couch. I felt acute pain a few times doing that.
2. I was in a playground with my nieces and they asked me to push them on a swing type thing. Couldn't really do it without pain.

These kind of things tell me that I'm asking for trouble in the future.

The Cubital Syndrome is in my right arm. Since I'm rt. handed this is starting to really annoy me.

I think therefore I've decided to stop playing for a month or so and see if it goes away.

I think I'd rather risk this Gig in April than risk a chronic injury that might never go away and that starts to effect my everyday work and activities let alone guitar playing.

If I take a break that will put me within 2 weeks or so before this important Gig! I don't know then if I'll have enough time to prepare 30-40 Fingerstlye tunes.

This is real dissapointing!

What do you guys think? Do you think it's a better decision in the long run to take a break now?

This started right before Christmas. Is it anyways chronic at this stage of the game?

Is this crap going to continue regardless if I take a break or continue playing through it and therefore....just do the Gig, especially since I seem to feel no pain while playing? Confusing stuff.

Last edited by austro1; 02-11-2019 at 12:58 AM.