View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 10:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerblair View Post
New one to me as well, but I enjoy hearing songs that tell a real life ? story, whether happy or sad. Gordon had a gift for story telling, to be sure. You have a true gift for presenting songs in a controlled, thoughtful, and detailed manner, Glenn. Always a pleasure.

Thanks For taking time to do these songs.

Roger
Hi Roger!

Well, Roger, it's always a pleasure to receive your thoughtful comments! They are always appreciated! Thank you so much!

And you're welcome regarding my taking the time to do these songs. I think it's good for me; it keeps my hand in song creation without having to do the actual song creation, if you know what I mean.

Twenty-five to thirty years ago I wrote all kinds of music and really worked at it. And for me, writing songs is hard work. It was rewarding but still, hard work.

But today, I am happy to take songs I like from other artists and figure out how to cover them in a reasonable way. There is still song creation in figuring out how to do someone else's song in a way that is true to the artist's concept, but it's WAY easier than writing a song, at least for me.

And maybe in the process of video recording these songs I might give someone else a few hints at how to play this song so that someone else might decide to go after the same song. Who knows...

I hope you are doing well Roger! I am doing well!

- Glenn