View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 05:04 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysachs View Post
I would not know what to do with that extra string, but I'm sure you will, so congratulations! In advance. Enjoy the wait. Then enjoy the guitar... One thing at a time.
Oh, I have some ideas. Lots of them, actually - this was a painstakingly thought-out investment for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mot View Post
I have tried a few things. I first was tuning the strings ADADGBE which is great for the D chord and drop D playing in classical pieces. Now days I tend to stick with the BEADGBE tuning and play finger style jazz stuff where I make occasional 2, 3 and sometimes 4 note chords while attempting a melody. Either tuning works, but I find more and more I like the simplicity of only having one contrary string that I have to adjust around as I play up and down the strings in a certain fret area. I might eventually give up and go with a bass tuning of BEADGCF, but I am used to playing the guitar shapes on the higher strings and am not quite ready to give that up.
Exactly the kind of thing I'm thinking, Tom. One tuning I'm eager to explore is BEADF#BE - like a baritone, but with a high E. The low A on the bottom of ADADF#AD is also ripe with possibilities.

I'm really happy that Emerald is set up to produce this configuration at such a reasonable price (compared with a stock X20). Fan frets and an extra string on any other model would be a significantly bigger upcharge.

Plus, I was delighted to find out that you can combine any standard CF colours with zero upcharge - hence my choice of amber top and black back and sides. I'd seen one like this on a recent shipping video, and I thought it looked really cool.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo