View Single Post
Old 06-03-2019, 10:28 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChalkLitIScream View Post
Making good progress with my setup. Thanks again everyone.

What would you suggest for a background? Got an orange wall that would be 1 foot or 2 away from my back. Thinking of draping a black curtain behind it..What do you think?
Hi CLiS

As a photographer and video shooter, I'd recommend a mid-gray to dark-gray background instead of black if you only have a foot or two behind you to the wall.

Black background sucks up light and pure white backgrounds reflect light and show wrinkles and shadows. Unless you have room to separate yourself by 6-10 feet from a back ground, black backgrounds (or pure white) show too many wrinkles.

I regularly shoot both video and stills against either pure white or pure black, and we require 6 feet between subjects and backgrounds. When we are shooting pure white we have to over-light it to make it look pure white and not dirty.

A simple mid-gray looks nice. If it's a king or queen sized sheet, iron it before you hang it.

I use this portable frame kit for portable work when I need to set up and tear down (CliCk here) and it works with a king sized top sheet.

Hope this adds to the discussion…

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…