View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 07:07 AM
Charter Member

That is interesting - the Cargo MAY be no more. I have no way to know how accurate that information is. When I first heard that CA Guitars was going out of business, I couldn't believe it, but that certainly turned out to be true.

Recently, I purchased a second McPherson Touring (honeycomb, gold Schaller tuners, and gold EVO frets) just like my first one. I was considering selling off my Cargos, but I just can't. They are unique and very comfortable instruments to play. To me, the Touring is what the Cargo could have become if CA Guitars had continued and poured R & D into improving their products. But even as it is, the Cargo is a keeper in its own right.

I do remember the larger CA Guitars products, and assume that Peavey continued making some of those, but they did not appeal to me nearly as much as the Cargo because I just prefer small instruments. As I recall, at The Podium back then, the Cargo was the preferred instrument for many customers over the larger instruments. I do remember one guy coming into The Podium with one of the larger models, covered with ice. He proceeded to play it while the ice melted and dripped off the instrument - a real testimony to ruggedness of these instruments.

Oh well, change is the norm, and maybe it is time for this to happen.

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...