View Single Post
Old 08-04-2016, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM3MD136 View Post
One great thing about Larrivee is that they allow you to tweak virtually any of their guitars for a one-off custom at a reasonable price. Here's the list price of their custom options:

http://www.larrivee.com/pdfs/Custom%...Pricing_v6.pdf

So, for a gloss top L-40, start with the list price of $1798 for mahogany (or $1998 for rosewood), and add $300 for the gloss top. This is your new list price... and dealers will then discount that price according to their own policies. The actual upgrade cost of the gloss top itself would probably come in at or under $200. I've had good experiences with Notable, Trinity, and Wildwood (Ohio) with Larrivees (and their pricing), but I'm sure many more could make a fair deal.
Good point. Another great thing about Larrivee is that they often do custom/limited runs for a chain of music stores, but they don't hype the price. I have come across 03 series guitars with all gloss finishes that retail for close to the same price as the standard model. Martin seems to do the same. I know here in Canada, the Long and Mcquade music store chain will often get in these custom jobs, it's just a matter of being patient.