Thread: John Walker OM
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2018, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brijas99 View Post
Hey Allentown, what a small world. Great story. I ran across your thread and couldn't believe your story. It is so similar to my experience.
We are in the same John Walker class of May 2019.
I've been playing for about 15 years now, and like you, I had not heard of John Walker or his guitars. But I do love the Gibson sound. I was also toying with the idea of having a custom guitar built.
Then one day I stumbled across a listing on the forum a few months ago and saw this John Walker Ruby River Elite. His version of the Gibson J185. The woods looked awesome.
Some things are just meant to be, because it had been listed on the forum for a few months. I did a little research and knew this guitar was right for me. I love it. Still playing it every chance I get. Still a great honeymoon. I knew then that John was the right person to do a custom build for me.
I contacted John because I wanted to have another Ruby River built with an Adi top and Walnut back/sides. John is awesome to talk to, and a very patient person too, I might add.
After a month or so of discussions, I decided to have the Lochsa model built with the Adi top and Sacha back/sides. The woods he has are fantastic. I am so glad to hear that you were so impressed with the Lochsa, you decided to have him build an OM for you. Thanks for sharing your Lochsa photos !
Anyway, Congratulations on your John Walker build. Looking forward to seeing the progress photos of your OM
Awesome to hear your story and to know our builds will be progressing side by side If you don’t start a different build thread, please post your pictures here and we can try to make this a class of May 2019 thread!