View Single Post
Old 08-26-2016, 08:18 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post
This is where I ended up. But, I got mine unusually cheap. These Line 6 units are value priced when you consider the technology and power they pack in there.

With a Play Acoustic pedal, I might have considered a compact Line array PA like the JBL or the Turbosound, etc. Since vocals sound so good through the pedal, I can't see buying/needing a unit with a full featured mixer like the SA330 anymore. Perhaps TC Helicon can license their mic mechanic "tone button" hardware/software to the amp builders to include. I figure it's just a matter of time. Line 6 already builds in body resonance that works as well ,or better than, TC Helicon's version.
Yes I have been considering switching back to a more conventional type PA . Particularly since I may start doing a more regular weekly gig .
I have used the SA220 since it first came out and was called the Solo Amp 2008 or 9 . And while it is a reasonable sound and hard to beat for convenience, I always felt it lacked (and maybe this is just my imagination) some of the presence and depth of a traditional 2 speaker system . Which of course might be able to be addressed with adding another Solo, but then you are back the less convenience of a 2 speaker PA .
I have yet to really compare it with Line 6 side by side , so that will be what I am looking to do this fall when I get back to our other house where my studio and PA is

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4