View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 09:00 AM

I use a Tascam DR-60DmkII as double system sound recorder with a Panasonic Gh4. But this requires syncing the sound, which can be easy or very difficult depending on how you handle it.

No one in America respects Doug Young as much as I do, but while it is easy to make your own demo video, as he suggests, with help from Youtube, it is not easy to make one which looks good, or does not look so shabby as to make the performer look lame.

This really comes down to where you set the expectation bar for quality, as it does in audio recording (and I notice that Doug is not one for low-balling his audio recording). Most home-made music videos suck by any professional or national standards and like it or not, these standards are now hardwired into people's brains from a life-time of watching television.

Whatever you do and however you do it you are going to judged by the viewer in how your video looks compared to something produced by a national recording company or television producer, unless the viewer is your mother. That's why the big guys spend all that money.

You can make a credible video of your performance for a fairly low cost, but you need to get somebody into the process that understands lighting, editing, lenses and the rest of it IMHO.
1951 Rickenbacker Panda lap steel
2014 Gibson Roy Smeck Stage Deluxe Ltd, Custom Shop, K&K's
1957 Kay K-27 X-braced jumbo, K&K's
1967 Gretsch 6120 Chet Atkins Nashville
2014 Gold Tone WL-250, Whyte Lade banjo
2024 Mahogany Weissenborn, Jack Stepick

Ear Trumpet Labs Edwina
Tonedexter