View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmel555 View Post
Thx for all the replies so far...I'm surprised no Taylor owners have mention the new "silent satin" they introduced in 2018. I made the original post because I'm thinking of a new purchase with which I'd record, and wanted to decide if I should just exclude satin. Although Taylors aren't on my short list right now, does anyone have experience with their new Silent Satin finish?...Just curious.
Hi there,

First off, yes, I know your pain

1. I sold a satin-finished guit some time ago not solely because of the fin, but yes that noisy quality was modestly irritating. I have since sworn off any satin finish altogether because of that guitar.

2. Yes, I recently tried a Taylor Builder's Reserve with the "silent satin": definitely better than satin, and seemed quiet to me. While completely aware it was a satin fin (which I had just said I would never choose to own again) I played this guitar to test drive it for its other attributes. So yes, I was fully listening for the noise, and didn't seem to hear any, but I was in a guitar showroom, not a quiet room, so there's the small disclaimer.

Edward