View Single Post
Old 04-14-2018, 06:06 PM
Charter Member

Default Anthem Tru Mic or Lyric

I have a couple guitars with K&K minis in them and I get along alright. At louder volumes I seem to get feedback from the lower registers but I work around it and make it work. I run them through a K&K Pure preamp which works well in combination with my mixer. I like the simplicity of the K&K but I first thought when I got it seemed to sound a little "electric".

I have another guitar needing a pickup and I'm thinking about using a LR Baggs. Either a Lyric or an Anthem True Mic. I've read people getting along well with the Lyric and some moving them to different locations to make them sound better. Most of the people using the Anthem seem to love it. Sound clips and videos I've watched sound great. Most of the sound clips and videos I've watched people that were using them were also running an LR Baggs DI preamp with them.

A pickup is one thing, especially one that is $200 - $300. Not spending another $300 for a preamp also. Any reason I can't use my "Pure" and get good results? Is the true mic anthem worth the extra $100 over the SL model? Would appreciate some help before I plunge. Thanks REV
2014 American Standard Telecaster (Maple Board)Mystic Blue
2008 Fender American Standard Telecaster (Rosewood Board)
1994 Fender 40th Anniversary Stratocaster Caribbean Mist
2011 Martin JC-16RE 50TH Anniversary
2004 Martin J-15
2011 Gibson ES-335 Cherry Red
1993 Continental TriCone