View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 07:56 AM
Charter Member

Default Emerald Guitar's Celtic Hound Logo

Perhaps others are already aware- but just thought I'd pass on the information I received from Sean at Emerald Guitars when I asked about meaning/story behind the hound logo on the headstock. I thought it very interesting.

Here is his reply:

Our logo, The Hound, is a modern interpretation of a very ancient artistic Irish Celtic theme.

The logo was designed by Mark Willett, an Australian designer living in Derry, just across the border in Northern Ireland, in 2000.

Having looked at different themes across Celtic mythology, Alistair and Mark decided something uniquely Irish Celtic - The Hound - inspired by designs featured in the Book of Kells

The tapered-in design of our headstock has a very functional purpose - Alistair wanted to have as straight a string-pull over the knot as possible. Creating everything to work together, the curve on the top of the headstock was added to allow space for The Hound.

If you delve further into ‘The Hound’ in Irish mythology, you may find a lot of similarities to the hit HBO programme, Game Of Thrones, which is filmed not too far from us!

We hope this give you a little more insight and don’t hesitate to ask if you have any further questions!