View Single Post
Old 03-02-2017, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Moustache View Post
Hi, as I think I mentioned, I cannot speak about makes of which I have no experience.

I own Collings (x5) and Santa Cruz(x1) and still own one Martin (A D12-20) I owned a Bourgeois, possibly one of the finest instruments I ever played) and I have a friend with three Bourgeois dreads which are ....tremendous. Sadly Bourgeois necks don't suit me.

I've owned many Martins over the years - great, good and poor. (I used to buy poor when I didn't know better).

My experience of Huss & Dalton was a very expensive custom order which arrived un-playable, and remained so despite much work by the dealer. The customer service was non existent. A British luthier told me that it had too thin a top which was seriously underbraced.

The heartache, time, travel to/from the dealers, attempted repairs and referrals to other luthiers not to mention the financial loss (£2-3kish?) and total lack of help from H&D leaves a bitter scar.

I appreciate that some may have better experiences, but I would never consider touching one again.

Well...since this has been brought up AGAIN (probably at least 100 times on this forum alone) I will speak up and say that my two huss and daltons are the finest guitars my money has been spent on. They're a class act all the way and I'd buy another if I had the money. I think there are two sides to every story and we're only hearing one of them.