View Single Post
Old 05-24-2016, 06:45 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Thanks guys. I get that any song can be played on a nylon and that it will create a unique tone and presentation of a song. That is somewhat intriguing to me, but it would be much more intriguing if I knew songs I already love and enjoy playing were originally recorded/performed on a nylon guitar.

For example, in my 40 years of playing before obtaining my Chimaera, I've played many popular classic folk rock songs on my 6 stringers that were originally performed on a 12 by famous artists, and it sounded good to me. When I've played these same songs on the Chimaera 12, I realized how the tone came alive like the recording. Hugely inspiring after all the years.

I'm looking for the same realization out of a nylon experience.....songs I've played for years on a steel string suddenly sounding like the original if I played them on a nylon. Perhaps in my musical genre of interest, steel string acoustics and electrics absolutely ruled. If nylons were used as the lead instrument in songs I love to play but I didn't realize it, I'm sure interested to know.

Thanks again!