View Single Post
Old 01-24-2015, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Hanna View Post
As I mentioned to Gary earlier sometimes and for some folks there's far more sonic gains to be had by a simple setup and concentrating more on the right hand and then ultimately their performance, than by a complex stage environment.
I don't disagree that a mastery of the instrument and a good "feel" for the pickup at hand should be a performers' top priorities. Lord knows I've run across many talented players who are able to delight an audience with just a $50 soundhole mag in their guitar. I didn't start becoming an absolute nut about amplified guitar sound until I started running sound for other folks in "challenging" environments. Admittedly, my interest in guitar amplification has evolved to a degree that's way beyond its relevance to my own performances.

Getting back to the issue of the Session DI, I think it might be a good tool to thicken the somewhat thin sounding (to my ears) high end from the Anthem system. I'm currently fortunate to be running sound for several good players who use Anthem-equipped guitars. Its my personal favorite of the mainstream, mono out pickup systems. However, the high end does sound a tad bit thin to me at times.