View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 12:01 PM

being I was mostly an electric player before getting into acoustic I play with the tip of the pick barely coming through. Can you say pinch harmonics!!! I actually almost do those to easy on electric. Any way that is one reason I use a thinner pick as when I hold a thick pick like that the tone gets really warm and muddy even THUDDY sounding. If one plays softly and more flat picking then it can be pretty but get agressive strumming etc it sounds like crap and the string rattle etc. I have had people say how do you get a guitar to sound so alive-- chorus like-- well I do not use and can not stand heavy pick as they dull the tone unless one holds them high and lets them flex in hand- then you risk losing it LOL. a heavy pick does not let the strings snap and vibrate IMO as nice( however going to light you lose volume big time too) If a person says how to make their guitar less bright I will tell them install poly webs strings and use a heavy pick. then it will be nice warm and muddy sounding.!

I guess I don`t really adjust my style or hold depending on guitar. If it does not sound good for my style I don`t buy it.