View Single Post
Old 12-05-2021, 01:27 PM
Charter Member

Default Adjustable Mandolin Bridge Height

Sometime in the next few days I'm going to take some time and finally do a bit of setup work on my Kentucky KM-500.

As most of you will know, it has an adjustable bridge. The bridge as it came to me is at it's lowest adjustment. I could turn the wheels to raise it, but not to lower it. Such has been the case with the handful of other mandos I've owned.

My sense is that when I set the action at the bridge, I should turn the wheels a few times so that there's room to adjust it both up and down so I can fine tune it and respond to seasonal changes. Or, if the bridge is at it's lowest adjustment, I feel like I should bring it down slightly further than I really want it, and then bring it up with the adjusters.

This makes logical sense to me, but I recognize that I might be missing something. Do folks usually just leave the adjustment wheels bottomed out, or provide some room on either side?

Bourgeois DR-A / Bowerman "Working Man's" OM / Martin Custom D-18 (adi & flame) / Martin OM-21 / Northwood M70 MJ / 1970s Sigma DR-7 / Eastman E6D / Flatiron Signature A5 / Silverangel Econo A
(Call me Dan)