View Single Post
Old 03-14-2020, 05:19 AM

Nice first post, really captures where many of us "late re-starters" are coming from. Many people here have walked similar journeys. You ask for advice here, you'll get plenty!

My advice, for what it's worth... don't worry about your "forever guitar" right from the start. Get a quality instrument and start playing. Give yourself a few years and several guitars to understand what your hands like (neck shape, scale length, string spacing), what your ears and voice like, and re-discover the style you are happiest to play.

As to trying multiple guitars, buy high quality used & well known instruments... it is a very, very inexpensive education when you can easily resell at or near the price you purchase... it is FUN to try a variety of instruments, and the education is priceless. Larivee, Martin, Gibson, Taylor, Breedlove... try them all!

Now back living in Baja Sur where I started my carbon fiber journey... Bend OR was too cold!