View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitpl4evr View Post
I do not even want to begin with the Cordoba nightmares I have had with trying to get the brand new guitar I purchased, with a very strange buzz on the 5th string, fixed. I have not only had to contact them, but also the store where I purchased the guitar from to tell me that the repair guy has been out of town, etc., etc., and at this point, I do not know what to do, I am just fed up with their brand. Cordoba has pushed me back to the dealer and currently I am stuck in the middle between the dealer and Cordoba. I have not had a guitar that I spent so much time trying to get repaired. I have not had this much trouble with ANY guitar trying to get a repair done, ever. I will just take it as a loss. I will not tell you which guitar I purchased, but I will tell you it was int he 700 range.

Anyhow.. good luck with your guitar.

I'll bet it's just a nut or saddle that needs a little work, or high fret. Do you have any other local luthiers to take it too? One here in So Cal gave me a complete fret dressing for only $25 (yes, I know that's very cheap) when a Laguna LD1 arrived with a nicked fret. Turned out that 3 other frets were a bit high as well, but he fixed that and did a quick setup, then MF paid for it when I contacted them.

I'd go ahead and have it fixed so you can enjoy the guitar, then fight it out to see if the store or Cordoba will pay for it. If they don't... heck, you'd still have a nice guitar with a fresh fret dressing and setup

Besides, many folks will take a new guitar in for a setup anyway, and many in that price range often need one.

Last edited by TomHB; 07-26-2011 at 02:52 PM.